SACME announces the open position of INTERCOM Editor and Associate Editors. If you are interested in volunteering, please contact our Executive Secretariat Jim Ranieri at 205-978-7990 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information about INTERCOM is below:
INTERCOM is the official newsletter of the Society and is published three times per year. It is led by an editor or by co-editors who divide the development, management, and publishing responsibilities. The Communications Committee oversees INTERCOM and its editor(s). The chair of the Communications Committee recommends individual(s) to be editor(s) and the President appoints them. The editor(s) identify and appoint assistant editors to be responsible for specific aspects of the newsletter. The editor(s) is/are ex officio members of the Communications Committee. The editor is also a guest at all Board meetings.
The overall mission of INTERCOM is to provide the membership (a) with current news and information that will help them better function in their professional roles associated with CME in academic institutions and (b) with information about current Society activities. Specific responsibilities of the individuals responsible for INTERCOM include:
1. Establish an administrative structure to develop, manage, and produce INTERCOM.
2. Identify individuals to act as assistant editors responsible for soliciting information regarding specific topic areas.
3. Maintain contact with Society officers and committees to be aware of current activities that are potentially newsworthy.
4. Follow substantive areas, issues, and topics likely to be of interest to the membership to be aware of current developments that are potentially newsworthy.
5. Work with the Executive Secretariat to obtain appropriate mailing lists and other production assistance.
6. Work with Treasurer to develop and maintain financial arrangements, as needed. Oversee the budget and financial aspects of the publication, including communicating with the Secretariat regarding the development of the projected annual budget and reporting the actual annual cost of operations.
7. Help identify and secure funding support for INTERCOM.