On behalf of the Nominating Committee I am writing to you to seek nominations for the positions listed below in accordance with the SACME bylaws. All nominees must be voting members in good standing and must be willing to serve the complete term of office as defined in the bylaws and participate actively in fulfilling responsibilities of office. Please be sure the potential nominee understands the time commitment and responsibilities of the position as outlined on the second page of the nomination form. Nominations, including self-nominations, of all eligible individuals will be accepted for inclusion on the ballot. Eligible candidates will be asked to provide a brief biosketch and headshot photo for inclusion on the ballot. The election will be conducted online and the results will be announced at the SACME Spring Meeting. Any questions may be directed to the Chair of the Nominating Committee Pam McFadden: email@example.com.
Please forward nominations by January 7, 2014 on the attached form to the Nominating Committee via Jim Ranieri, SACME secretariat.
Send the form to:
3416 Primm Ln
Birmingham, AL 35216
Tel: 205-978-7990; Fax: 205-823-2760; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Positions Open for Election
Nominations are not needed for incumbents. Brief descriptions of responsibilities are attached on the 2nd page of the Nomination Form with more complete coverage of responsibilities in the SACME handbook as found at http://sacme.org/Policies.
- Council of Academic Societies Representative (2-year term) (Jack Kues, incumbent, eligible for re-election)
- Treasurer (2-year term) (Greg Vannette, incumbent, eligible for re-election)
- Canadian Representative (2-year term) (Connie LeBlanc, incumbent, eligible for re-election; represents the country of Canada)
- Northeastern Representative (2-year term) (Bob Morrow, incumbent, eligible for re-election; represents states Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont)
- Southern Representative (2-year term) (Jim Norton, incumbent, eligible for re-election; represents states Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, West Virginia
- Vice-President (Election accompanied by 4-year commitment to the leadership track including sequential 1-year terms as Vice-President, President-elect, President, and Immediate Past President)